, Solicitors in Fuengirola, Solicitors in Marbella, Solicitors in Alhaurín el Grande, Solicitors in Mijas, Lawyers in Fuengirola, Lawyers in Marbella, Lawyers in Alhaurín el Grande, Lawyers in Mijas

Water & Electricity suppliers

With regard to water supply it is usually quite common that our meter has registered a number of cubic meters that we have not used. In this situation normally there are two possibilities:

  • The meter is broken, in which case it is the responsibility of the supplier as he owns the meter.
  • The damage, leak,…  has occurred between the meter and the house. In that case we are responsible for whatever leaks, problems… might have happened.

The electricity consumer can have with different problems: damage to electrical appliances due to an interruption, billing errors, etc.

Whatever has happened you can claim based on the provisions of the General Law on consumer protection who covers both gas and electricity. First you must go to the customer service of the company with whom you have contracted the service.

The interruption of electricity supply unless it is due to force majeure requires the company to apply a discount on the invoice to consumers affected and if your complaint is not attended by the Customer Service you may address it to the National Energy Commission in Madrid or the administrative authority in the Region of Andalusia.

If you have any question please email