, Solicitors in Fuengirola, Solicitors in Marbella, Solicitors in Alhaurín el Grande, Solicitors in Mijas, Lawyers in Fuengirola, Lawyers in Marbella, Lawyers in Alhaurín el Grande, Lawyers in Mijas

Residence Permit application after Brexit for UK nationals

We have 2 main situations:

1. UK citizens that were in Spain before Dec 31st 2020

Those British citizens that were in Spain during 2020, and can prove so, can profit from the withdrawal agreement and continue to apply for residency on the same conditions as before Brexit.

2. UK citizens with no previous residence in Spain

1. Residency application must start in UK.
2. The first step would be to apply for a residency visa
3. This residency visa has to be applied for before the Spanish consulate either in London, Manchester or Edinburgh
4. With the only exception of what is called the investor Golden Visa, the Spanish residency visa application has to be made in person at the Spanish consulate in UK, before travelling to Spain.
5. Once you arrive in Spain with your residency visa, you can start your application for the Spanish residency card.
6. There are various possibilities of applying for residency in a Spain, that we can explain you.

Please write to and we will advise you what is the most beneficial way for you to make your application for residency in Spain.