Residence Permit application after Brexit for UK nationals
We have 2 main situations:
1. UK citizens that were in Spain before Dec 31st 2020
Those British citizens that were in Spain during 2020, and can prove so, can profit from the withdrawal agreement and continue to apply for residency on the same conditions as before Brexit.
THIS IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO FACILITATE RESIDENCY APPLICATION
2. UK citizens with no previous residence in Spain
1. Residency application must start in UK.
2. The first step would be to apply for a residency visa
3. This residency visa has to be applied for before the Spanish consulate either in London, Manchester or Edinburgh
4. With the only exception of what is called the investor Golden Visa, the Spanish residency visa application has to be made in person at the Spanish consulate in UK, before travelling to Spain.
5. Once you arrive in Spain with your residency visa, you can start your application for the Spanish residency card.
6. There are various possibilities of applying for residency in a Spain, that we can explain you.